Thursday, April 3, 2008

Introducing.... AMERICA!

First thing - In-flight entertainment is the shit. Who cares if your trapped in you little compartment for 12 hours if you've got Summer Heights High, Eagle v's Shark, Juno and Louie Theroux to keep you company. Also good: in-flight meals and snacks.

Not good: LAX, Hollywood... pretty much the whole introduction to my American adventure. After staying in possibly the dodgiest backpackers in California (right on Hollywood blvd/my version of hell) I got out of that town as quick as I could.

I was lucky to find a ride-share (hitch-hiking... via the internet! - http://portland.craigslist.org/rid/) with some lovely folk musicians from LA. We traveled the fastest and ugliest route to San Francisco:




9 hours of flat, straight nothingness, 1 hour of complete traffic jam lameness. But at least the boys were Great impressionists.



No comments: