Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Enough with the Portland allready!

June 4th-7th

I went back to Portland before I left. Because Portland is my favorite.

There was a carnival!...
Dinosaurs!...



And Snakes!




Alligator Snapping Turtle's.... tongue...?

The animal part was really depressing. It was some sort of budget traveling exhibit run by red necks. They had a bunch of neat animals, baby bengal tiger, alligator, bobcat, serval, tucan, scorpions, tarantulas, lizards, giant tortoises. But they were all stuffed inside tiny cages with nothing to keep them entertained except the hundreds of screaming kids.

It was also the week of the Rose festival.... Portland's celebration of... I guess roses. So I got to see my first American parade. (the Rose Parade.... its in an Elliot Smith song!)
It was pretty lame, Everything cliche about America... rodeo girls, cheerleaders (who didn't do any tricks, just jumped around enthusiastically. What a rip off!), School marching bands, Huge floats... OK maybe it was a little awesome, I'm just pissed there was no free candy.

I went to a show to. Rererato is a really great artspace run by really neat people. Exactly the kind of place I'd like to start up in WTN.

Church + Double Plus Good
Saturday 6th June
Rererato - Portland




Portland's the only other city apart from WTN I could imagine living in.

No comments: